Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Project Light!

Update: I apologize for the white lines, something has gone awry with Blogger, just highlight over it and you can see the text. 
Light is undoubtedly very important in photography and can make or break a photograph. However, most of us don't often think about light as a physical thing, its just..kinda there and it helps us see things. Here's a little science background info: visible light is emitted as tiny little particles called "photons". These photon particles bounce off stuff and into our eyes, giving us vision and colors. The same thing goes for photographs, light bounces off stuff and into the processor located in the back of the camera. So I thought, if light is a physical thing, why can't I manipulate light itself ?  Instead of manipulating the camera to accommodate the light, I used light as a sort of "paint" by painting over subjects in real time. This technique for me reconciled the art of painting and photography, two of my favorite things! Over the coming weeks, I will be experimenting with this technique and I'll be posting the results so stay tuned !








No comments:

Post a Comment